Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yo Yo Throw

This is the best Christmas present ever!  My mom made this for me.  She loves to make yoyos. 
She made my sister a yoyo throw last year and it was beautiful.  Well, it was my turn this year!



Doesn't this look fabulous on our sectional?  Of course, no one is allowed to
actually sit on it.  They have to reposition it when they sit down.

My mom said there are 990 yoyos in this throw.  She would sit and watch TV
in the evenings, make the yoyos and drop them into a box.  Then
she spent countless hours hand stitching them together, with many
nicks and finally callouses on her fingers.



Here's another close up of some of the 990 yoyos.



It's so fabulous.  I'm so lucky to have a mom who would do this for me.
Don't you think I'm lucky to receive such a gift of love?

1 comment:

  1. Mary - I just love your yo yo throw. What a great present from your Mom - you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.