I've been very productive this summer and stayed on track in my sewing room to finish lots of projects and quilts. Here is my finish for August. I was so disgusted with this one, it almost ended up in the trash.
I started this during a class several years ago. All pieces are cut with a 60 degree ruler and every seam in there is a Y-seam! Well, the teacher used my fabrics to demo the technique and cut my fabric the wrong direction! So, I had to proceed doing the entire quilt backwards with the angles and Y-seams. Well, I did it but I don't think the effect worked so well color wise. The quilt is named "Pretzel Party". My daughter thinks it looks more like a Jewish star. It think it is sweet and would make a lovely quilt for a baby girl.
5 days ago