Sunday, July 22, 2012

Books - You Decide!

I've been able to get quite a bit of reading and listening done lately.  I don't know why I'm on such a roll but I do love having time to read.  These are a few of my recent reads that I wouldn't rate highly.


Truth Like the Sun 

This novel is about the man behind the Seattle World Fair and construction of the Space Needle.  A journalist is covering a story about him and the fair and uncovers some unsettling information about Seattle's hero.  It moves back and forth in time.  It's well written but the main character just exhausted me.  I made it to the end of the book with a great deal of effort.



Skinnydipping: A Novel

This book was written by the popular Bethenny Frankel and is on the NY Times bestseller list.  Same as the last book, it's fairly well written.  But it's a little too trendy and hip for me.  It's hard for me to think women actually live like this.  And the protagonist is a little too frenetic for me, again I was exhausted by her escapades.  But it's a big seller so most people must like it.





The Next Best Thing


 I like this book a little better and have enjoyed this author.  Her stories are really deep and well developed, but they usually entertain the reader.  This was okay.  I liked the story line and small town, overweight girl making it big.  But there were some glaring problems in the book and I'm surprised the editing wasn't better. 

These are all fun summer beach type books.  I would get them from the library, none are really worth an investment in my humble opinion.  But you decide == you might love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.