Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sew Day - Peppermint Hearts



It was so much fun to read all of your kind comments. I think this will be a lot of fun, having a blog. I will definitely become a little more tech savvy.


Yesterday was Sew Day for me and my fabulous group of quilting friends. We plan one day a month to sew together at someone's home and have a fabulous lunch. There are six of us now and we all have various skill levels. Yesterday's project was a true "quilting bee". We made a quilt for our friend Nancy's first grandchild!

This was my sewing station. I usually take my Featherweight out since it is so easy to transport and does everything a quilter needs.


This was the cutting station.


These are the finished blocks.


Here is the finished quilt. The pattern is Peppermint Hearts from the book Log Cabin Fever by Evelyn Sloppy. We all used our scraps to make a special quilt for a beautiful and special baby.


I hope your day is a great one!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Mary,
    What a beautiful quilt and made in a day.....with all that talent in one room,anything is possible.
    sweets to you, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!! and in one day......oh my~ you are all so talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.