Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inspiration Piece

I have been a quilter for almost 20 years.  One of the drawbacks at times is that when you are a quilter, other people don't make quilts for you!

This changed for me when a very special friend gave this to me.  It is titled "Inspiration".  My family was redecorating our family room and I used deep brown and robin egg blue as my new colors.  This was a huge change for me as for the past 12 years my kitchen and family room had a definite "cottage" look.  There was lots of red, yellow and white with many touches of Mary Engelbreit.  Making a change was scary.  This quilt definitely served as inspiration.



We all love this quilt.  It is draped over the back of our leather sectional when it isn't draped over someone while they watch TV!  My dear friend even made us a monogrammed pillow to match -- now isn't it something!  Of course my sister immediately wanted a monogrammed pillow.  Well, maybe she'll get her own for Christmas!  I bet she's reading this!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Your doing a fabulous job on you blog!! So, I'm getting a monogrammed pillow for Christmas??hahaha..........Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.