Monday, October 5, 2009

Bag Lady



I've always loved bags and fancy myself a "Bag Lady". This is my newest and favorite. I bought the pattern at a wonderful quilt shop in Overland, KS == Harper's Fabric and Quilt Co. You can check them out at http://www.harpersfabricandquilt.com/. I also found the charm pack, lining and handle fabrics there.






One of the many things that makes this bag so fabulous are these braided handles.




The pattern is easy to read, the directions are well written and the bag makes up nicely. It was designed with a charm pack in mind. You could also use and 5" squares you make yourself. I know I'll be making more of these bags as Christmas gifts. For now, I use mine for traveling, stashing embroidery projects or carrying my stuff to classes.

The pattern designer is Renay Martin and here is a link to her website: http://www.pursestringspatterns.com/. The pattern is #14, Simply Charming. I bet you'll see some other great patterns as you browse.



1 comment:

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.