Monday, February 22, 2010

Pillowcases

I hosted a pillowcase making workshop at my home recently. We were making them for a local children's cancer foundation. Now, most of the ladies do not sew -- we had a lot of fun telling junior high home ec stories while having dessert! My good friend and I were the teachers/coordinators of the sewing activities. We had them using a ruler, rotary cutter, folding the layers like a taco, trimming, pressing and making french seams. It really was a blast. Unfortunately, there were technical difficulties with the camera settings so my husband did a makeover with me.





These are a couple of the cute pillowcases we made! And here's another picture of some in various phases of completion. We need to have another night of sewing to finish this round of them.



1 comment:

  1. In between WOWing customers I like to scan your blogy blog , Mom! I love the pillowcases and I really like the ballerina fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.