Saturday, February 6, 2010

February Quilt Finish

This is my first (I'm feeling optimistic here) finish for February.  I just love
these diamonds.  My dear friend Loretta found the pattern in an
old quilt magazine.  This was our Park City project in June.  We were invited
to join a friend who was house and dog sitting so we all
packed up our fabric and sewing machines for a mini quilting
retreat.  It's so much fun to see a quilt made in such
different fabrics.  This was mine:
These are not typical colors or fabrics for me but I love the way
the quilt looks.  The brown border really does look great
and frames the quilt nicely.  I really hate it when I spend
a lot of time ensuring fabrics aren't touching, consult with my
quilitng friends and then look:  (sorry for the blurriness)



I think I get too anxious to sew all the rows together and make a mistake
like this!  It would be nice to notice it before sewing on the binding!

I think one of the best things about this quilt is the way
the diamonds intersect the border:

Doesn't it look cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.