Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Second Quilt Entry


This was my second quilt show entry.  I made it for my daughter, Laurie's high school graduation.  I took a 5 day class from Mary Lou Weidman at Empty Spools (http://www.emptyspoolsseminars.com/) to learn to make her style of storybook quilts.  It was an exciting workshop and this was all designed (with her help) by me.  You draw your pattern on an 8 1/2 X 11" page and take it to Kinko's to have it blown up to the actual size.  You make your "Hoochy Mama" border blocks first, audition your center, then add the center using hand applique.  There is so much joy in this quilt.  My husband and friends helped me with the design.  I won a 2nd place ribbon for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.