Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quilt Show

Our guild's Quilt Show is in two weeks and I decided to enter four quilts this year.  I will show them to you after the show -- I will say you've seen one of them already.  It is a big decision to enter a quilt and put your work out there for judging.  I've done it two other times and have one 2nd place ribbon.  My decision isn't based on whether I can win though.  It's the joy I felt making particular quilts that I want to share with others.

My daughter, Laurie, was the first in our family to enter a quilt in a show.  We took a mother-daughter class together when she was in fifth grade.  She was great at making triangles -- before the triangle rulers came out and revolutionized triangles!  Her quilt was not judge, just shown.  I was so proud to see it in the show.



The name of the quilt is "Memories of Laura" based on the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I think it is quite an accomplishment for a 10 year old (and her mom)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.