Friday, March 12, 2010

My First Quilt Entry

This is the first quilt I entered in a show here.  This was a fun quilt I made my daughter, Emily, for her high school graduation.


I could not find a clear picture of the totally finished quilt, so here is the top.  Emily loved (and still loves) purses and I thought this was a fun, funky pattern for a teenager.  I added lots of embellishments to it after the quilting was done.  It made me so happy to see this hanging at the show.  It was not worthy of any ribbons but I did have a couple of quilters ask me for the pattern information so they could find it to make daughters and granddaughters a quilt.  That's better than a ribbon if you ask me!  I was someone's quilt inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.