Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quilt Show 2010 Entries -- #3


This is another of my FAVORITE quilts.  It has special sentimental value and my husband said it will never leave our home.  Our daughter, Laurie, loves to abscond with quilts.  This quilt is "Pretty Dresses".  I used to make pretty dresses for Emily and Laurie until they went into first grade.  I saved fabric scraps to make a quilt out of them one day.  Well, one day finally came in 2008 when I found this pattern.  It's from the book, Quilting with my Sister by Barbara Brandenburg and Teri Christopherson.  I've made several of their patterns and they are well written and designed.  Here is a close up of a couple of the dresses.


This fabric was used in a blouse Emily wore with a red courderoy jumper she wore for her kindergarten school picture.  She looked adorable in it!


This daisy fabric was used in a sundress I made Laurie.  The border daisy fabric is one of my favorite fabrics ever.  I used it to make Laurie a dress that had a big daisy on the waist and ties in back.

Here is the label.  It's amazing after all these years I remembered what I used every  one of these fabrics to make.  So, it's on the label!


I hope this is a quilt my girls "fight over" someday and will always be filled with cherished
memories for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.