Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wizard of Oz Stitchin'

This post combines two things I love -- embroidery and The Wizard of Oz.  One of my favorite movies has always been the Wizard of Oz.  I have a modest collection of Oz items.  This is one of my completed projects.


This was made using the pattern, Things, by Lasting Treasures.  The pattern is for a pillow but I decided to make it a picture.  I found a frame at the Dollar store, painted it red, then covered the paint with a layer of red glitter -- of course!  Lasting Treasures (www.lastingtreasure.com) has several other Oz patterns.  They include Ruby Red Slippers, Scarecrow and Toto Too!  I have Toto too all prepped, just need to get the stitching done.  This one will be framed too.  Maybe the Ruby Red Slippers is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.