Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lake Tahoe Sew Days

It seems I've neglected my new blog the past couple of weeks.  I spent a fabulous 5 days sewing in Lake Tahoe -- just time with friends, sewing, eating, walking and did I say sewing?  I sewed so much my 1934 Featherweight was smoking.  Of course, this is not a good thing and I'll get it to a repair shop this week.  I NEED that machine!  It's so perfect for taking to sew days and classes.

We all made a scrap quilt as a group project.  We brought scrap strips, put them in the middle of the table and sewed!  This is a picture of us with our finished (and partially finished) projects.  Two of us, myself included, didn't have our border fabrics yet.



This pattern was in a magazine from McCalls Quilting, Spring 2009, America Loves Scrap Quilts.  It's Sonja's Windows, designed by Candace Hassen.  There's a really cool technique used to make the blocks.  I will definitely make another one of these quilts!   I plan to quilt it myself using the water quilting design.

I also almost finished (didn't have enough border fabric) a scrap project using leftovers from this year's club project.  We used Kaye England's Back Home Again fabrics for the quilt.  I just ordered backing and border fabric to finish it.



This pattern is Olde Hickory by Pam Puyleart.  The website is http://www.cottagecreekquilts.com/.  I highly recommend this pattern too!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Mary....your quilt is beautiful!!
    Pam
    Cottage Creek Quilts

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.