Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas is Coming!

We've given thanks and feasted on turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie and all the other fixings.  Now we look ahead to Christmas and all of its wonder.  I just finished another UFO in time for someone special to use as their tree skirt.  I used a couple of charm packs for this, it's a charm pack friendly pattern.  A dear friend gave me the pattern a year or two ago.  I tried my hand at free motion quilting to finish it myself.  I struggled a lot with my machine and will find time this coming week to trouble shoot it thoroughly.



I put a sweet label on the back of the tree skirt.  And I added a really sweet tag that says "P.S. I love you".  I tried to take several pictures of it but my little digital camera was having trouble with such a close shot.




You can kind of see it between the two ties.

I'll tell you later who the tree skirt recipient was.  They'll get it sometime this upcoming week  and they may be reading this blog!  So my lips are sealed a few more days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.