Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Quilt Class and Sampler

This is another first step on my journey as a quilter.  I took a beginning quilting class about 15 years ago at a local quilt shop.  And I made my sister (who did not own a sewing machine at the time) take the class with me.  A very gifted quilter taught us to hand piece this sampler.

There was lots of paper involved in this wall hanging.  We traced patterns, made templates and took copious notes.  This teacher taught us to be perfectionists -- which didn't last long with me!  Of course, it was hand quilted after all that hand piecing.  And there was no rotary cutting with this piece!  It was a wonderful introduction to the world of quilting.  It obviously got me hooked, I figure I've made a couple hundred quilts since then.  It was a modest beginning but it opened the world of quilting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.