Sunday, February 5, 2012

Baby Blocks

My awesome sewing group began a tradition a few years ago -- we make baby quilts for all our new grandchildren.  Of course, it should be many years before any come into my family, but you never know.  We have used a log cabin hearts pattern in the past.  But one daughter is having her second baby so we needed a new idea.  We designed our own pattern with everyone's input and ideas and one quilter used EQ to make our pattern.  We used alphabet blocks for the border and machine embroidered designs for the inside blocks
(6 /12).  Each of us worked on the paper pieced alphabet blocks.  We used pastel Aunt Grace fabrics for one quilt and primary colors for the other.  Here's pictures of the blocks I made.  The quilts are at the longarm quilter now so I can't show a finished picture yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.