Thursday, February 16, 2012

Another Big Apple Treasure and their paper

The other place my darling daughter went (for me) in the Big Apple was the Magnolia Bakery.  It's a dream of mine to walk through their doors.  I have all their cookbooks == this was their first.
I have made so many fabulous recipes from this cookbook.  I almost always make birthday cakes for our family.  We really don't like most bakery cakes and it's always fun to pick a new kind of cake (except for the year angel food cake was chosen and it wasn't quite the decadent choice we preferred).  I made this recipe this weekend for the Super Bowl party and Bible study.

It was very labor intensive and there are 3 1/2 sticks of butter in the recipe, it took 4 bowls, 3 different layers and 2 steps in the oven.  But they were heavenly.

These are the goodies that came from the bakery:

The red velvet cupcake didn't last for the picture!  There's a pistachio, devil's food and their famous white cake too.  She even brought me a bag that will never be used, of course!  I can't wait to go this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, you sent me one of their books once in a gift exchange. What a treasure! The goodies look heavenly! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.