Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Good Read and a Good Listen

It's summer and I love to catch up on my reading during these hot days.  I listen while I sew and love to read during the late afternoons when it's too hot to do anything else.  I go to the coolest part of the house - our bedroom - turn on the fan and curl up with our dog and a good book.  These are my two latest and very highly recommended.


This is my "listen".  And I just loved it.  Fannie Flagg did the recording and her voice is wonderful.  This is a great story about a former Miss Alabama turned real estate agent that spends her time getting ready to "leave".  But all these things keep happening to delay her departure.  It's heart warming and funny.  I've loved every minute of it.

This has been my "read".  It was recommended by someone and I love it too.



It's a year long quest to live according to Oprah -- her show, magazine and website.  The author blogs about it during the year.  It reminded me a little of Julie and Julia, but not too much, just the premise.  I totally enjoyed this and its highly recommended too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.