Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Club

Book Club is at my house tonight!  I thought our lovely new furniture would have arrived and we could use our new sitting room for it, but alas, there is a six week delay on the four new chairs.  So, we'll be using the old sectional in the family room -- which is a fabulous piece of furniture.  It's brown leather, made in Italy by some renowned furniture maker and I forgot their name.  This is our book for this month -- Life of Pi by Yann Martel.

The book is very different in a nice way.  The subject matter is certainly new for me.  It's about a sixteen year old boy, Pi, his family and zoo animals emigrating from India to North America in a Japanese cargo ship.  The ship sinks and Pi is adrift on a lifeboat with a hyena, orangutan, zebra and Bengal tiger.    It is truly an adventure.  It's just over 300 pages and has a reader's guide at the end -- perfect for book club discussion. 

1 comment:

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.