Monday, March 21, 2011

Burlap Apron

My mom has a subscription to the magazine, Mary Jane Farm.  It is a fabulous little magazine with lots of fun projects, most very practical and easy.  My sister saw a picture of a clothespin apron and said, "this sure would be cute in burlap with a little lace on the pocket.  So I whipped one up for her belated birthday present.  She forgot she wanted it at first.  So it really was a surprise for her -- the best kind of gift.  Here are a few pictures.


Here it is packaged according to the article's directions, the clothespins are tucked inside.



Here she is modeling the apron.  It can be worn or tied up and hung on your clothesline with the clothespins handy for hanging laundry.  The burlap did get difficult to sew through and I broke a few needles!  The lace is some old stuff I've had for many years.  I used muslin for the ties.  Cute, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.