Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wedding Wishes

Some  friends just got married and requested no gifts at their reception.  Theirs was a "destination wedding" and they are having a cocktail reception with no gifts specified.  Well, we have to give them something so I found a scrappy quilt in my stash for them.  They are big campers so it will go in their RV just fine.  Here's a picture of the quilt:


It's a French Braid quilt -- I LOVE this pattern.  It's made with 2 1/2" strips with alternating light and dark rows and is totally random.  I sort my strips into light and dark piles and just grab the next one as I sew.  I've made several of these quilts over the years and will continue to make them.  They are the best scrap quilt I've ever done and I make lots of scrap quilts. 

I added another treat to their package:



This is a fun embroidery project, quick and easy as the look is primitive.  The pattern is by the same designer (Two Blonde Mice) as my baby prince and princess finishes and the Christmas family piece.  It fits in a document sized frame which limits your choices.  I try to buy gold or silver when I can find them. 

This is all wrapped up in a pretty package and my husband will give it to the new wife tomorrow.  We want to honor their no gifts request at the reception but just had to honor them and their new life.

1 comment:

  1. Mary....that's so beautiful.......Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.