Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Older Quilt

I decided to focus on a few of my older (but much loved) quilts.  They are now folded up and put on a shelf in our bedroom as my decor has changed.  But they are a few of my favorites.  The first of them is shown here.


This quilt is called "Pumpkin Seed".  I used the Quiltsmart printed interfacing to make each "seed".  Then the seeds were machine appliqued using a blind hem stitch and clear monofilament thread.  The fabrics are all the Aunt Grace prints and solids.  I just love those fabrics and have made too many quilts using them.  We used this quilt on our bed for a couple of years.  It was finished in 2003. 


Here's a close up of some seeds.  The blue floral is one of my favorite fabrics of all time.  I used this to make my daughter an adorable dress when she was four!  I've bought many more yards of it over the years.


In fact, here it is as a border in another of my quilts.


This is part of the scrappy backing.  Another of my favorite Aunt Grace prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.