Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2010 Club Quilt

My group's Club Quilt this year is from the quilt book based on one of the Elm Creek Quilters series of books.  It is Sylvia's Bridal Quilt.  Mine will be 144 6 1/2" blocks!  I really debated about making this quilt.  I also want to start a Dear Jane quilt and I fretted they were too similar.  I am so happy I put those worries aside and signed up for another year.


This block is Sylvia's Bridal Bouquet.  It took about 3 hours to make and I think it is very lovely.  One of my friends almost gave up and I told her she must make this block -- how can it be Sylvia's Bridal Quilt without her bouquet?

I'm using the Wiscasset line from Moda, designed by Minick and Simpson for my quilt.  I guess I'll have another year of a traditional club quilt.  I'll have to mix this up next year.

I have about 30 blocks done so far, my goal to keep up this year is to finish 10 blocks a month.  So I'm on track so far!  I'll keep you posted.  Next month I'll show some more of my blocks.  They are really fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.