Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm back -- May UFO done

I've been gone from my blog for a few weeks.  I've been in a blog funk, I guess.  Just couldn't find time to brainstorm post ideas or find the camera.  Been trying to exercise and lose some more weight, boy does that take up a lot of time!  There are so many UFO's in my sewing room I just don't know where to start anymore.  But there was some time to finish the binding and label on this fine quilt.


This was started on my Lake Tahoe friends retreat last November.  The pattern is from
an issue of American Patchwork Quilting magazine.  We all brought fabric strips, put
them in the middle of the table and started grabbing fabric.  It was so much fun.
And the pattern and directions were easy, much to my surprise.
Here's a closer look at a block.

My border and sashing fabric is beautiful.  I searched and auditioned many other fabrics
for my borders but this was the winner!  I think I'll make another one
of these some day.  I'm so happy to have another UFO done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.