Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Favorite Quilt Magazine

It seems I've been showing lots of fabric the past couple of months.  It's time to throw in a little paper.

My very favorite quilt magazine (for many years) is the American Patchwork and Quilting by Better Homes and Gardens.  I've had a subscription for many years.  Many of my finished projects were inspired by this magazine.  They include patterns and great directions.  I find three or four magazines from each issue that "I must make".  This month's is no exception.



I love this quilt pictured on the cover and will have to make it from scraps.



I will make it more of a "planned" scrappy quilt.  It should not be overly difficult.  It's a Shoofly variation inside a Sawtooth block.  The 59 X 69" size isn't overwhelming.  Maybe I could even machine quilt it myself!  The pattern is part of an article about two sisters that design quilt and rug patterns and fabric.  I'm using one of their lines for my 2010 club quilt, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.

There are two more quilts in this issue I just love and "have to make".



They are both traditional blocks (Churndash and schoolhouse) and I'm usually a traditional kind of quilter.  These are quilts I need to add to my body of work.  Do any of these appeal to you?  It's really fun to take a traditional pattern and use trendy fabrics -- it really makes a fun quilt.

Check out this magazine -- it's on sale at most quilt and craft stores.  You won't be sorry!  It will give you many hours of quilt dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.