Friday, March 2, 2012

State of Wonder

This was a recent book I finished, seems I haven't taken time to read very often lately.  Not too much time to quilt or sew either, spending all this time on exercise!

This book is Ann Patchett's latest novels.  I've read mixed reviews of it.  I tried to read her best seller, Bel Canto but could never really believe the plot.  Now, this one is very different and at times hard to follow.  But I liked Dr. Singh, the main character.  Her adventures in the Amazon jungle are intriguing and a very different life than most of us experience.  She does triumph in the end.  It raises many questions and quandries about medical/pharmaceutical research and the Hippocratic oath.  In the end I thought it was worth my time and it was a glimpse of a different world and life.  And to me, most of the time, that's what reading is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.