Friday, March 30, 2012

Book Club

Remember me telling you about the amazing book I read, The Elegance of the Hedgehog?  Well, our book club met here for our discussion on a late Sunday morning.  So I served a le petit dejeuner for the occasion.  It was a lovely occasion and discussion with 10 people here.  We ordered fresh baked croissant from an amazing bakery, Bread and Butter, and served them with fresh jam.  Of course, you don't put butter on a croissant I learned!  We had some fun macaroons, all the rage right now.  Add some French soft cheese, real hot chocolate made from scratch with shaved chocolate and real milk, Perrier, coffee, fruit and almonds.  It was lovely.  I even made some Hedgehog cookies from a recipe I found on the Taste of Home website.  I took a picture but can't seem to transfer it from my Iphone!  A great time was had by all.  At least half of the women have spent time in France and said they felt like they were there for breakfast.  That's quite a compliment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.