Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fun new patterns

We did a lot of traveling this summer.  I was lucky enough to visit many special places (Dallas, Brianhead, UT; North Rim, Grand Canyon; Glacier National Park, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks).  And my friends and husband took me to many fun quilt shops. 

I picked up some fun new patterns along the way.  They are just fun, easy (hopefully) patterns.


I love this jacket and can't wait to make my own.  But it isn't sweatshirt season here in the desert yet and that's the base of this project.  I think I'll start with red since it's my favorite color.  I have several friends ready to make one too.



These notebooks sure look cute and fun to make.  I'm hoping I can adapt the pattern to make a fun Ipad cover.

And I've always wanted to make a casserole dish cover.  My friend thought it would be a nice wedding shower gift to make one, include the 8 X 8" or 9 X 13" pan, add a recipe and a grocery store gift card.  It could also be nice to make, fill the pan with your favorite casserole dish and take it to friend or family for dinner.  What's your idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.