Monday, August 22, 2011

August UFO

I am staying on track with finishing one UFO a month.  Well, this one is really fabulous.  Of course, I am somewhat biased!  But really, it's the pattern that is fabulous.  This is called Mandala.  The pattern was published in an Australian quilt magazine many years ago. 






This is a variation of the traditional Drunkards Path. It was making 700+ of the same curved pieces, the arc and center.  Then you follow the picture for light and dark placement.  I started it in a class.  We all traded small floral strip sets.  The idea was fabulous.  I just love this quilt and could make another one.  It is big, 91" X 91" and took some time to finish.


Here's a closer look at the block and a snapshot of the sweet rosebud fabric I used for the back.  And don't forget your quilt label!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. This is a beautiful quilt and looks so hard. You are amazing. LOL, Loretta

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.