Sunday, January 16, 2011

January Craft Night

Our January craft night was at my house and it was my project.  I found this darling Valentine project in my Simply Handmade magazine.  There were some trials and tribulations associated with the project.  I went to Joann's to buy the frames and other materials.  You needed a frame, mat, crackle paint medium, white paint, scrapbook papers, glue (Tacky Glue is my favorite), scalloped scissors (we could find every other style so adapted) and some embellishments.  First problem was that all the frames were on sale except the frames I picked!  Then they ended up with a different finish on the wood and the paint wouldn't stick.  So we were off to Target to buy new frames that worked out fine (and were less expensive).  Our next challenge was rolling all these strips of paper and making them uniform sizes.  We did our best.  These are our finished projects.


This was my mom's and we think it looks the best.  The frame is 8 X 10" with a 5 X 7" mat opening.


This is mine, not sure it looks like a heart.  I think I could remove a couple of spirals to clean it up.




The last one is my sister's.  It sure looks pretty.  These were harder and trickier than we thought they would be.  My mom called the next day and said hers looked better the day after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.