Monday, January 3, 2011

Beautiful Ballerinas

This was finished just in time to be wrapped for Christmas.  It was started in 2004 when my daughter was still in ballet 15-20 hours a week.  She was a beautiful dancer but high school became more demanding and she had to give up ballet.  This is a small wall hanging, paper pieced, and a much bigger project than anticipated.

Here are some close ups of the dancers.


This ballerina was missing a finger when I finished her so she had to have some repair work done.  Some of these pieces were TINY!


The ribbons on the costume waistbands was saved from the ribbons (hundreds of them I'm sure) I sewed on her pointe shoes.  I think the piece is darling and making it brought back many fabulous memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.