Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November UFO finish

My November UFO finish is sqeaking in under the wire.  With two trips this month my sewing time has been limited.  Yesterday was our group's sew day and we made this adorable (and very functional) Abbey Bag.


The bag was made from the scraps I used to make two tote bags during the past year.  This is meant to sit next to your sewing machine.  The flower is a pin cushion and then there's a bag to catch thread, scraps etc. with a sweet pocket tucked inside.


Above is the flower, below is the outside of the bag.



I'm very happy with this project.  Some of the directions were tricky but with a group effort we figured it all out.  My friends made their own coordinating covered buttons for theirs and it looked fabulous.  The pattern can be found at www.Abbeylanequilts.com.  It's #113.  I know it's been popular this year and many local quilt shops have taught this as a class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.