Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Road to California

My sewing group went to the Road to California Quilt Show in Ontario, CA this past weekend.  It was a super road trip and we did it all in a day.  We met bright and early at 6 a.m. and made the 3 1/2 hour drive easily.  Of course, we had plenty of snacks, coffee, water and reading materials (quilt magazines) to keep us focused and able to assist our driver!  We found a parking space easily and wandered across the street in a light rain.  We spent about 4 hours there looking at fabulous quilts and vendors.  The lunch lines were unbelievably long so we walked across the street to Marie Callendar's.  I can honestly say it's been years since I've eaten there.  Then it was back to the show to see the last big room of vendors.  I found several patterns and treasures.  Our friend found herself a Koala sewing cabinet at 20% off, free delivery and free chair!  We can't wait to see it in her sewing room.  I can say this was the best $10 ticket I've bought in ages.  This show is highly recommended. I took my selvage purse so I would look like a quilter.  Our next planned road trip is to the Houston Quilt Show in early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.