Friday, May 6, 2011

Finished Embroidery Projects

While on that trip to Zion, I finished many UFO embroidery projects.  I've been carrying them around for more than a year it seems.  I prepped a new project and made myself a promise to finish these before starting the stitching on the new project (which is close to done).  Here they are!


I added the name and birthdate to this.  I have finished 5 of these in the past month.  There are lots of new babies in my world.  The new moms tell me how special these gifts are.  I just LOVE making them.



I made this with my daughters in mind -- I actually made two of them.  There are lots of french knots on that tiara.  The metallic thread is NOT fun to use, let alone just thread the needle.  Here are the two of them.


The pattern showed these made into small pillows.  I'm not sure I'll do that or find a pretty 
little glittery frame for them.

This last project has been in the works for at least a couple of years.
I really love the Wizard of Oz and have another post in the works for this love of mine.  Soon I'll be able to post the project that started this embroidery trend of mine this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.