Sunday, December 12, 2010

December Craft Night

It was my turn for craft night this month but my sister had a picture of a stocking she wanted us to make.  So she brought the project and I made dinner.  We made some adorable burlap stockings with a picture to guide us.


We traced and modified a stocking pattern from some stockings I had around the house.  My sister found the sage burlap at Walmart of all places.   My mom made the yo yos from muslin.  The ruffles were very time consuming as making ruffles usually is. 


This stocking has three yo yos but it takes too long to make a lot of stockings with three.  This project was tougher to finish in an evening but they are lovely and look so sweet hanging up around the house.  Next project will be mine -- I think I'll find a fun Valentine idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.