Monday, July 19, 2010

Sewing on the Go -- a Lifesaver

My sewing group likes to travel several times a year, sewing machines and projects supplies in tow.  Last year we bought ourselves a Tutto (a little pricey but you're worth every penny) and this revolutionized our "hauling" process.  These wheels are fabulous, the handles are easily shortened or removed for storage, and it folds down to 6" for storage.  There are lots of zippered pockets for storing your cords, foot, manual, etc.  The medium sized is allowed as carry on (just be careful what you pack) and my Viking Designer 1 and Bernina 1011 fits in it through the side.  The large is great for going to classes in town or taking in the car but it's not allowed as carry on and I'm not checking my sewing machine!


My favorite color is red -- so that was my choice.


Here it is folded down for storage.



This has served me well and I'm so glad I took the plunge.  They are sold at sewing stores and on line.  We bought ours with a 20% discount and that helped the pocketbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.