Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bake Sale!


My daughter is responsible (with a small group of 3) for fundraising $10,000 for the Big City Mountaineers at work.  They are a group of mountaineers that go into urban areas and get youth outdoors hiking.  They had a BBQ that raised a nice sum.  Their next project was a bake sale last week.  She asked me to donate some items, she knows I love to bake and had time for it.  Well, as you can see by the picture, I got a little carried away.  This filled a really big box and was a big hit.  My items sold out immediately and the bake sale was a huge success due to lots of great donated items.  I made Rice Krispie Treats, Scotcheroos, Popcorn Balls, Snickerdoodles, Brownies, Strawberry Cream cupcakes, banana bread, Cranberry Macadamia Nut White Chocolate Cookies, Chex Mix, and my sister made Carmelitas.  We did some pretty packaging too.  They made a nice total and the company CEO matches all the funds raised.  She has some other fun ideas to reach their goal and it's wonderful they get so much support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.