Friday, April 6, 2012

Pineapple Star Adventure!

 

My sewing group and I just found this great idea for a group project.  Of course we couldn't just choose a LoneStar or a Pineapple, two advanced projects.  We chose a Pineapple Star for our projects.  I really think we are crazy sometimes.  But we are persistent and have a lot of talent in our group to get us through these incredible quilting feats.  So we have our books, foundation patterns and mock-ups.  Here is my mock up: 

 I love my colors and have a few things to perfect here before cutting.  My inner point will have a kaleidoscope look to it so I have to scan my fabric with the mirrors and fussy cut those points.  I also have to find the turquoise/royal blue fabric.  This was a scrap to get the right value.  This will be a spectacular quilt when it's done and a semi lifetime achievement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.