Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fabulous Book!

I really love the author, Lisa See.  Her books, Shanghai Girls and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan are a couple of my very favorite books.  Her mother was one of my book club members college mentor and she can remember Lisa as a young girl.  Snow Flower is out in a movie with a limited release so far, not in my neck of the woods yet.  Lisa's new book is Dreams of Joy.   I checked it out from the library and it was only available on CD's. 


I will give this book an A+ rating.  I just loved it.  It is almost a sequel to Shanghai Girls and follows Joy as she runs away to China during the reign of Mao.  Pearl follows her and tragedy and triumph follows.  I would rather to have the book in my hand for this story, did not love the CD format.  This is a lovely story but it filled with hardships and harsh realities.  I hope there is another story to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.