Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Christmas in June

My May sew day was all about a Christmas project that our dear friend got ready for us.  Six of us meet together monthly, some months we have a project to do together, some month's it's UFO day.  Nancy had a great idea to make a Christmas wallhanging last month.  She machine embroidered 100+ Christmas blocks for us.  Her Viking must have been smoking!  There was a pattern for the project but we all improvised and designed our own based on the blocks we liked.  We added fabric strips until it all came together.  One of the group added flying geese, pinwheels and postage stamps to her sashings.  I was not as ambitious but like mine anyway.  You can see mine above, almost finished.

Here are some of my very favorite designs.

 Isn't this Charlie Brown Christmas tree just the cutest?  It sure brings back memories of watching the Charlie Brown Christmas show as a child.


And here's an angel, wouldn't be Christmas without one for me.




I love this "Snow Lady".  She is so sweet and round.  And her bag has an "M", just for me I thought.  But Nancy told me her name was Mildred, not Mary!

I need to add a nice red border.  I'll go to the quilt shop after work tomorrow for it and some backing.  Then I'll do some simple quilting and get the binding on pronto.  Our sew group meets again Saturday and we were supposed to be done.  I can't meet but promised I would finish.  Nancy was such a friend to make all these blocks for us.  A picture of the finished product will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.