Thursday, October 1, 2009

Let's Get Started!



I've been quilting here in the desert for the past 20+ years. I wish I had some time to sew each day but things don't usually work out that way. I just love playing with fabric, paper, and scissors!

I spent a lot of time with those three things as I made this Double Wedding Ring quilt. It is the most ambitious quilting project for me so far. I love the traditional quilts and the 30's reproduction fabrics. This is on our bed with a lovely rose patterned chenille bedspread under it.





This picture shows a single ring. The corners were made using solid 30's fabrics. The quilt was made using Judy Niemeyer's Foundation Paper Piecing method and pattern. The
longarm quilting is a traditional pattern for a very traditional quilt. It was done locally by a fabulous longarm quilter.




I used a leftover arc to make my quilt label. The writing was done with my Viking Designer 1 sewing machine.


My other interests include card making, some scrapbooking, embroidery, cross stitch, and home decorating. I'll try to stop in and share thoughts and creations a few times each week.

11 comments:

  1. I get to be the first person to comment on your new, pretty, blog Mary! The Double Wedding Quilt is gorgeous!! That is certainly something to be very proud of!! I look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking blog post mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to the creator of the page... Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, so glad you have your blog up and running! The quilt is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world Mary.
    Your quilt is amazing.
    So happy you shared it with us.
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new blog Mary. It's adorable and that quilt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to more, Mary. What a great start! Your quilt is amazing.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary!! Beautiful quilt~~ and very sweet blog! I look forward to "visiting" often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely quilt!

    welcome to blogging!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay...you finally posted something...! Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Mary,
    Your blog looks fabulous and does that beauty of a quilt. I'm so proud of you, the blog world will love that you are here!!,
    Sweets to you, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary,
    Just came from your sweet sister's blog. Wanted to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging. I'm sure your sister has filled you in on how much fun blogging is. You're going to have a blast.

    I also wanted to comment on your beautiful quilt. I can only imagine how much love, time and effort went into creating such a beautiful piece. Quilting is a true art form and one that I've been wanted to learn for awhile now...maybe one day. Welcome again and hope you have a wonderful weekend. It was nice meeting you.

    Smiles,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Please feel free to leave me a note.